Corporation Law Services in Contra Costa County
Does Your Contra Costa County Business Need an Experienced Corporation Law Attorney?
JGPC business lawyers are attorneys specializing in helping business owners, managers, investors, buyers, and their businesses in every stage of the business life cycle. We have decades of experience in assisting privately held businesses and business owners with the legal issues related to all stages of business growth.
Our business law firm has received the Top “AV”® Rating for Business Lawyers.* Our attorneys’ extensive business law experience and commitment to excellence will ensure that you and your business make the best possible business law decisions, for today and tomorrow.
Our Corporation Law Services
JGPC Attorneys and Paralegals have incorporated thousands of corporations for our clients.
Before the formation of a corporation, we assist business start ups with pre-formation planning, business plan review, tax planning, choice of entity analysis, intellectual property protection, entity formation, creation of a capital structure, equipment financing and leasing, raising capital, federal and state securities compliance, executive compensation structuring, buy-sell agreements and shareholder agreements and service and purchase contracts.
We provide services covering all areas of corporation law, including:
We provide complete pre-incorporation services, including:
- Review & analysis of business plans
- Review & analysis of financial models
- Introduction to sources of funding
- Introduction to service providers
- Franchise circular review and analysis in franchise law situations
- Assisting the client with compliance with federal and state security laws
- Assisting with private offering memorandum & subscription agreements
- Helping the client preserve Reg D and other private offering exemptions
Some of our pre-incorporation intellectual property protection services include:
- Preparation and filing of patent applications
- Use of non-disclosure agreements (NDAs)
- Trademark, trade name & copyright protection
- Pre-formation IP assignment & protection
- Patent & other IP licensing arrangements
- Post-formation trade secret and IP protection
- Dealing with non-compete and trade secret protection issues
- Assignment and protection of intellectual property
Some of our incorporation services include:
- Determining the appropriate state of incorporation
- Assisting in the choice of a corporate name and reservation of the name
- Creation of articles of incorporation structured to fit the business plan
- Hand delivery filing of properly drafted articles of incorporation
- Obtaining EIN and state identification numbers if appropriate
- Filing state forms as required, including securities forms
- Creation of an appropriate set of bylaws & organizational documents
- Tax analysis including Subchapter S tax election where appropriate
- Filing of “S” election forms when required
- Evaluating choices for capitalizing the company
- Determining appropriate debt and equity options and ratios
- Creating complex share and security structures when appropriate
- Creating multiple classes of stock, warrants and options
and convertible debt instruments where required
- Drafting employment and independent contractor agreements when required
- Drafting right of first refusal agreements when required
- Drafting founder and shareholder agreements and protections
- Drafting intellectual property protection agreements when required
- Issuing founders stock with appropriate restrictions & disclosures
- Providing assistance and documents for opening bank accounts
- Transfer of business assets to the corporation when incorporating an existing business
Some of our post-incorporation services include:
- Assisting with angel financing, strategic investment & venture capital financing
- Drafting Equipment financing and joint development arrangements
- Assisting with joint venture and strategic partner structuring
- Drafting documents to provide “cheap stock” for service providers
- Drafting shareholder buy-sell and related agreements
- Creating executive compensation plans
- Creating equity participation documents and plans
- Drafting employment agreements & employee handbooks
- Analysis of employee & independent contractor issues
- Creating restricted stock, stock option and other equity plans
- Qualifying the corporation in a sister state when required
Our corporate maintenance and compliance services include:
- Calendaring and providing reminders to the client for annual shareholder & director meetings or actions by written consent
- Providing the client with assistance in complying with the state requirements for annual meetings or actions by written consent and other documents
- Drafting annual or special meeting minutes or actions by written consent for directors and shareholders
- Providing assistance in the preparation and filing of statements of information and other filings
JGPC attorneys and paralegals provide assistance with ongoing corporation maintenance and compliance with corporation formalities for those clients who chose to use the JGPC corporate maintenance programs.
JGPC can also assist with the formation of non-profit entities and the preparation and filing of federal and state tax exempt applications for non-profit entities.
Interested? Contact JGPC Law to Learn More
We understand your business law needs because we’re a local business, just like you. Visit our office in the Hacienda Business Park district of Pleasanton, CA.
JGPC Business Law
5890 Stoneridge Drive, Suite 102
Pleasanton, CA 94588
Keep up to date on legal matters by following us online at Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.