Legal Challenges Facing Logistics Companies
This year continues to be one of the most challenging years for the logistics industry. The implementation and subsequent roll back of federal emissions regulations coupled with the controversial showdown between the federal government and California regarding revoking the state’s authority to set its own emissions standards and the Corvid-19 pandemic will consume the industry for the next several years. The redrawing of trade maps, Great Britain in the European Union or out of it, and with whom or how U.S. companies can trade with China, for example, are major disruptors to the day-to-day operations of logistics companies.
Safeguard Against Business Disruption
For the foreseeable future, logistics companies will face widely different regulations, making compliance costlier than anyone planned or anticipated. Key cost centers will be difficult to budget and maintain within their line item as fuel prices rise and surcharges are added to freight weights to pay for the implementation of these regulations. These costs will cut deep into logistics companies’ revenue and the earnings of the carriers and individual trucking companies that make up this vast network.
Protect Your Business
Participating in supply chain networks will require guidance through the constantly evolving technological, economic, and regulatory environments. The lawyers at JGPC Business Law understand the complex issues surrounding structuring, optimizing, and managing logistics companies. Our extensive knowledge can help your business with the following types of transactions:
- Contract initiation and management with service providers, vendors, and property owners, whether your company leases, owns, or rents its trucks;
- Customer data security and privacy;
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act;
- Expansion, including business acquisition and mergers;
- Contract drafting, negotiations, and disputes;
- Compliance, safety, and accountability programs;
- Worker classification (including independent workers and labor structures);
- Export and import compliance; and
- Hazardous materials safety, handling, transportation, and storage.
Bring in Legal Reinforcements
Our knowledgeable and experienced business lawyers can help your logistics company tackle key challenges facing the industry, including:
- Decreased loss/theft of cargo, in freight-forwarding, storage operations, transportation, or in the process of loading or off-loading the trucks;
- Company friendly agreements regarding property, vehicle use, and other contractual arrangements;
- International compliance with a myriad of state, national, and international rules and regulations;
- Proper company structure for owners, such as the establishment of corporations or limited liability companies, to protect the owners’ personal assets from liability;
- Contract review, drafting, and negotiations;
- Dispute resolution;
- Collection of money judgments or debts; and
- Enforcing contract and other rights through mediation, arbitration and litigation before domestic and international tribunals.
Focus on Improving Your Business Processes and Growing Your Profits
The business lawyers at JGPC Business Law can help your company navigate the choppy waters when it comes to government regulations, including environmental compliance, so that you can focus on improving your customer experience and business processes. JGPC Business Law has a solid record of serving logistics companies in the areas of Fremont, Hayward, Tracy, Manteca, and San Ramon, California. Our offices are conveniently located in Pleasanton and Livermore, California. We encourage you to call us at (925) 463-9600 or read more on our website and legal topics blog to request an appointment today.